This cheat sheet covers the high school math concept – Ellipse.
This concept is a part of Coordinate Geometry (or Analytical Geometry), and is one of the important chapters in this area. It covers a wide range of topics including tangents, normals, chords and locus.
A strong grip on the basics of coordinate or analytical geometry is a must to solve problems related to Circle. A cheat sheet on Coordinate Geometry Basics is also available on this website.
This one page PDF covers summarized theory and the most important formulas related to the concept. Keep it handy while you’re revising the concept, especially before an exam.
The topics included in this cheat sheet are:
- Standard Equation of an Ellipse
- General Equation of an Ellipse
- Parametric Equation of an Ellipse
- Position of a point with respect to an Ellipse
- Equation of Tangents: Slope Form, Point Form and Parametric Form
- Point of Intersection of Tangents
- Pair of Tangents from an external point
- Equation of a Normal: Slope Form, Point Form and Parametric Form
- Equation of a Chord with known end points
- Equations of a Chord with known mid point
- Equation of Chord of Contact
- Some properties of the Ellipse
Here is the download link:
If you wish to give feedback, please send me a message on Facebook.
For learning this and other concepts in detail, please visit the Lessons page.
To download other cheat sheets, visit the Cheat Sheets page.
Also check out my YouTube channel for bite-sized math recipes.
Thanks for visiting !